Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraising Officer is responsible for the overall success of Oseredok’s fundraising and stewardship programs.
Working in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff and volunteers, the Fundraising Officer will provide strategic program design and will work to maximize philanthropic revenue, thus helping to ensure long-term financial support for Oseredok. Duties include Event Planning & Logistics, Event Sponsorships, Event Committee Liaison, Grant Writing, and Annual Giving and Planned Giving, and Donor/Sponsor Stewardship.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develop and implement a donor and stewardship relations strategy that targets all levels of giving (special event, annual giving and planned giving donors).
- Research, manage and initiate direct mail and e-mail programs, including direct response letters and communications, liaising with suppliers, managing timelines, and working collaboratively with colleagues to identify relevant and impactful stories.
- Research, recommend and initiate a plan to implement an effective monthly giving program
- Research, recommend and initiate a plan to grow a planned giving program
- Direct and administer all aspects of event planning
- Recruit sponsors (financial & gift-in-kind) for events and other initiatives
- Plan and implement a follow-up strategy to events
- Enter applicable data into Donor Perfect
- Track and maintain donor relations and stewardship activities in the database to enhance the relationship and increase the likelihood of continued donations
- Build positive relationships with committee members, vendors, suppliers and contractors and secure all agreements and make event arrangements.
- Create and implement a system for evaluating the effectiveness of all annual fundraising programs.
- Working with other staff, assist in developing marketing materials for fundraising programs
- Research and prepare grant applications
- Work with others to identify prospective donors for the major gift program
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Some evening and weekend work may be necessary
- Three years’ work experience in a related role, with demonstrated experience in fundraising and event planning
- Related post-secondary degree or certificate program in fundraising, or event planning
- Demonstrated success in event planning and the ability to create effective plans for fundraising events
- Strong service and donor-centered orientation
- Proven success in building and maintaining positive relations with peers, staff, volunteers, and donors
- Proven analytical ability with strong attention to details
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability in using a donor database to identify and cultivate donors; experience working Donor Perfect CRM is an asset
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to manage multiple projects, stay on schedule and meet deadlines with the ability to adjust to changing priorities
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills both written and verbal with direct experience in presentations, grant and letter writing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately and with discretion
- The ability to problem-solve, innovate, be creative and a willingness to learn
- Appreciation and understanding of AFP Code of Ethics, Policies and Procedures and the ability to adhere to Oseredok’s policies and procedures
The Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre offers a competitive compensation package. The salary range for this position will be negotiated on a pay range of $45,000 – $50,000 per annum.
Applications are due on Monday, April 19 at 12 PM and can be submitted to email@example.com